Friday, March 12, 2010

Weekend of Reunions

Had a mini-celebration last night at home; we were celebrating my brother's new job (finally!!). Family and mom's friends came over. It was great to see my aunts and my cousins that I haven't seen for months! I sat next to my cousin who was my BFF when we were teenagers, and my sisters, cousins, and nieces were sitting around us. We were all eating and talking, it was nice! Sitting together like that reminded me of when we were little, when me and my cousins used to sit like this and have our dinner at grandma's.

I would like to believe that I looked nice, Petrilude's makeup tutorials made my life EASIER! That guy is insanely talented, find him on YouTube ;)

I'm having another reunion today inshallah with my friends from the university. I miss those girls so much! We used to spend a lot of time together when we were students, we used to "invite ourselves" for a very late lunch at any lucky volunteer's place after school, and we used to see each other like every month when we finished uni and started working. Years and life brought us apart, to the extent that we started to do "emergency reunions" when we don't see each other for a while so long that we feel ashamed of ourselves!!

This time I just felt like it, my life is getting inshallah more and more stable, and so is my mood with God's willing ;) so I invited the girls over via Facebook! Can you believe that the whole thing happened through FB, SMS, BBM, and we changed the timing and the place without a single phone call? I'm wowed at how busy life is getting!

I'm excited to see them and their little ones! They all have a mini-me now except for myself and another girl (we are the single couple :p)... The girl who is hosting has two adorable boys mashallah, three others have one little lady each, one of which has a second baby on the way, and one just had a boy... Three more are not attending: one has a boy and is in the US, one has two boys and a gorgeous girl and is also in the US, and the third is so busy preparing for her wedding by the end of March.
I haven't seen the most recent boy and girl, how cool are my friends though ;)
I was talking to one of my friends on BBM, about our babies making a shilla like ours in the future, the idea is funny! Again, if I don't get a decent man soon, I hope that my kids -the ones that I'll have with my husband in heaven- make their own shilla :p will keep the idea on mind till then :) pray for me!

2 cool peeps replied:

7anooch said...

lol habla =P
ana a7s reunions are either great or very lame. bs theyre always very interesting =p

I think kl shlah want their friends to make another shlah, bs does that even happen? =P

nosa said...

my very close friend today used to be my mom's friends daughter when we were younger :p

so sometimes the shelah thingi happenes... but our shelah * the kids 1 * had soo girls @ all! imagin i was the only girl! but i kept in touch with almost 1/2 of the guys.. until recently..
now they r getting married n being super busy..

im kinda depressed that im not maried though every1 told me its not fun! lol

i luv babies.. i cnt help it..

 
After the Kiss. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino