Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mn Zamaaan!

Oh My God! The guilt!
I actually feel guilty for not blogging! How can blogger feel like a family member that you need to keep in touch with, and if you don't, you feel like you are committing a sin!
I actually feel ashamed because of the length of time that I kept myself busy and away from blogger!

It was always on my mind though! I even finished a drawing and took a picture of it (can't fit into scanner; too large) and because I didn't find my USB cable, it had been waiting in my camera for 3 weeks now!!

So, latest,

I took this screening exam at work, you are supposed to pass it to become a candidate for a course that makes you able to study masters in the US (as I understood, because the US won't accept just my bachelors degree as qualification for my specialty; not really sure about that). At first, they told us that the top 10 scores will take the course. Then, when the scores came out, they said that even if you are a top 10, you're only a candidate for the course (of course picking the 10 lucky students is subject to "political" criteria). I visited the coordinator/course provider to submit my remaining papers a few days after the exam. She told me that she really wants to send me to the US because of my specialty. I am the only one from my specialty that applied; I am a "needed specialty for the organization". She talked about a few schools in the US that she thought were good, and she said that she's been doing some research for me. "You did beautifully on the test, by the way", I was glad, I said "really? Hmmm, am I a top 10?" She said "definitely" and then she told me not to tell the other girls. I was soooo happy, I went back to the office and I hugged J. J was glad for me.

Now, I think that the most important would be the "political" criteria, if you know what I'm talking about. I know that if I am not on the course, then it is because of that.

If I don't get on the course, alhamdullilah anyway, it wouldn't be the end of the universe; I am still going to apply for the sponsorship through the scholarship office.

Pray for me, I feel I need to study, I am in love with what I'm doing right now, it is my dream job :)

4 cool peeps replied:

M O Z A said...

enshalah ull get it, u seem to work hard for it =)

Wafa said...

InshAllah you will get it :), you deserve it and it's shown how hard you worked for it , Good Luck :)

Anonymous said...

OMG babe you are so smart, mashallah, top 10! That is so great! Proud of you! *kiss*

Inshallah you will get it, don't worry too much! About the political thing, yea its annoying! I hope they won't play nasty in this thing!

Cupcake said...

enshallah you'll get it :D
PS. What do you mean by political thing? ya3ni they might not send you to the US because you're Saudi? :\

 
After the Kiss. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino