Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I have good news: I feel better!!

Going back to work was a much needed distraction, although it took a bit of effort to get myself to kind of feel normal. I have been trying to sleep at least 6 straight hours for the past few days, but it's just not happening! I couldn't get myself to go back to sleep after 4 hours every night even with sleeping pills. And even on Sunday when I was up for 26 hours straight by 8 pm, I woke up after 4 hours. I guess it's gonna take a little more time.

I gained 3 KG in 9 days as a result of stress eating; as soon as the sleeping thing is adjusted, I am back to the gym.

I am trying my hardest to be depression-free, because I really don't want to use pills. I've been having anxiety attacks for a while, they started in the last few months of my engagement and they only got more distressing as the wedding date was approaching. I thought after canceling the wedding, they'd stop. But with the new problems that I have now and the stresses that I'm facing, they got worse!
I never spoke about them because it wasn't severe, it was tolerable. Now, I don't know how to describe it! It is horrible when it happens, suddenly, with no reason you get terrified, shaking, feeling like wanting to escape and run and scream, like being a victim in a horror movie. This is what I'm mostly trying to avoid so not to take antianxiety pills.

I started pencil drawing again, I love it, miss it, and I'm redoing some old stuff right now.

It's progress. I give all the credit to having a job outside home, alhamdulillah! I am praying to God for me to not lose my job, not only because I love it, but because it is a great distraction.

And I miss you guys! I wanna read your latest posts, but I've been out of internet network for the past few days at home; service provider problems. And you know what a dedicated worker I am, I just don't do blogger from work :p

So, anyhow, progress ha!

9 cool peeps replied:

Wafa said...

so glad to hear your good news which will be great soon inshallah. al7amduliallah for your work and health and stability. things will be fine and you are on the right track. take your time and the time when you will look back on this will be soon :)

Whispering Thoughts said...

Good news, alhamdlliah. Keep progressing and things will be ok insh Allah soon. I know what you are talking about, cuz I suffered from what you are suffering from right now. Anxiety attacks come as a result of sadness, depression, and pessimism. 7'las, things are going to be ok , but be patient and care-free yourself from anything can disturb u… Sis, I want to advise you, where I'm worse enough for advising : )
Read Quran a lot, it's helpful wallah . Pray at the late night time, where prayers are heard…. Ask Allah humbly with tears, He surely listens to you, and will give you a great calmness …. I do that, and it helps if I do it with a sincere heart….. Ask Allah everything you want, and surely things are going to be more than O.K.: )

For the pencil drawing , you should show us some over here : )

MonMon ♛ said...

Missing ur lovely posts sweetie
7amdulllilah enk 9erti a7ssan 7abeebti ,,show me ur drawing et7msst mara ;)

Bliss said...

Try reading the quraan more often, trust me it will make you feel so much better.
As my mom always tells me "e8ra2i soorat yaseen, y5alli 9adrik yenshri7"

I'm glad to hear the good news :)
Allah ywafgik fe 7ayatik

Anonymous said...

Glad that you feel better babe :* Keep on doing what your doing now! Time will heal!

Jundi said...

what no song .. hmm someone found God it seems?

anyway thats great news .. Allah yifrijha 3al jamee3 :)

rencontrer Pauline said...

hi there ^_^

that was something tough days but that's life ^_^ why dont you show us some of your drawings here.

ohDear!! said...

MuSe
Thank you honey for your wishes, you're kind!

Whispering Thoughts
Thank you for you advice, I am reading Qur'an and it helps.
I hate depression, it makes a bad situation worse! I hate it so much!!

MonMon
Aww thanks babe *shy*.. I will show you a drawing inshallah once I finish!

Bliss
Thank you for your advice babe, and thanks for your prayer wallahi you're so sweet!

C
Yeah, time.. Hopefully :)

Jundi
I don't think I lost God, I may lose sanity soon, yes. :p

Another-Penelope
Hi hun! Inshallah I will, once I finish :) Thanks babe!

Jundi said...

lol good comeback .. well i thought u know maybe u got super religious as ppl who are going through a tough time sometimes do .. cuz there was always a song then suddenly no song .. but i was wrong hehe .. the whole world is insane so dont worry :D

 
After the Kiss. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino